Cultivating Followers of Christ
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit..." Matthew 28:19
God has called us to be fully devoted and developing followers of Christ...
• To be a church where the hurting, the depressed, the frustrated, and the confused can find love, acceptance, help, hope, forgiveness, guidance and encouragement.
• To be a church where each person loves God with all their heart, mind, strength and passion.
• To be a church where total devotion and commitment to God is the standard and norm.
committed to bringing people into the right relationship with Him and each other, reaching the unchurched in our world beginning in Katy and surrounding communities...
• To break down the walls keeping people away from God and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• To separate tradition from truth and religion from a relationship with Jesus Christ.
• To share the hope of salvation found in Jesus Christ with our world by demonstrating God's love for them in real and tangible ways.
• To share the love of Christ, one person and one family at a time, until every home and individual in Cinco Ranch, Katy and West Houston have heard the Good News.
through innovative contemporary approaches to worship, evangelism, discipleship, fellowship and ministry...
• To be an effective, creative, innovative church, doing whatever it takes to reach, grow, disciple, worship and serve others.
• To empower every member for a personal life mission in the circle of influence to which God has called them.
• To provide Bible studies, retreats and seminars that speak to the needs of our everyday lives, allowing us to experience the abundant life to which God has called us.
• To provide a church campus of 10 or more acres as a place for the entire family to worship, pray, play, counsel and be counseled, enjoy fellowship, study and train together with other believers in a peaceful, inspiring setting.
with small groups at the heart of our church.
• To be a church of small groups committed to biblical community, where hundreds of small groups meet throughout the week in our community and city.
• To grow as large as Christ would desire without sacrificing relational authenticity and spiritual intimacy.
• To live out the Christian experience in authentic, loving communities of people existing in harmony, growing in knowledge and encouraging one another in loving accountability.
Abide // Attach // Advance
Our Founding and Ongoing Vision
• We will establish missional outposts, helping our neighbors experience genuine community.
• We will be generous people, experiencing God’s blessings and contributing freely to further His work.
• We will tell others about our transformed lives and help them find Christ.
• We will have a global impact, planting churches around the world to reach unreached people.
• We will be an indispensable blessing to our community, demonstrating God’s unconditional love for people with compassion and caring.
How will we realize our vision?
There are three essential themes we live by as a church:
• Abide – Our abiding relationship with Christ is the key to our spiritual formation.
• Attach – Our attachments to small groups allow us to experience Biblical community.
• Advance – Our passion and fire for God enable us to advance His kingdom.
A strong foundation for a fully lived life
Our values are at the core of who we are as a congregation. They motivate and inspire us to live out our mission.
• We value our relationship with God, our love for Him and desire to obey Him at all cost.
• We value people, believing that every person is of great worth to God.
• We value personal transformation and life change.
• We value the Bible and treasure the message of hope and salvation it contains.
• We value learning by means of ongoing feedback and evaluation of our structures.
• We value prayer as a lifestyle.
When do we live out our mission, vision and values?
• Sundays – as we worship corporately in our services.
• Daily - as we pray and worship individually.
• During the week – experiencing Biblical community as we gather in small groups.
• Regularly – through service projects in the community.