Furthering God's Work -
Locally and Globally
Every mission needs financial support. There are many ways you can financially support The Fellowship. No matter how you give, you are furthering God’s work - locally and globally.
Witnessing revolves around people. But your financial contributions put us into position to witness widely to those who need it, and your donations keep the church operating daily. We have several options for giving to make it convenient and simple.
The Fellowship is accredited by the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA). The ECFA provides accreditation to leading Christian non-profit organizations that faithfully demonstrate compliance with established standards for financial accountability, transparency, fundraising and board governance. With this accreditation, The Fellowship has shown transparency, accountability and wisdom in using your donations.
There are several benefits to online giving:
• Faithfully honoring God – The Bible teaches that we are to honor God with the “First Fruits” of our labor (Proverbs 3:9). By setting up a recurring contribution that comes out of your account on a specified day each month, you ensure that your First Fruits are faithfully given back to God.
• Simplicity – You won’t have to remember whether you gave this month or send in an offering by mail.
• Security – Online giving is more secure than giving with a check or cash because an electronic gift can’t be lost or stolen. We utilize an encrypted, secure website for your online records.
• Focus – Instead of having to worry about writing a check and filling out an envelope during the service, you can be fully focused on the worship service, knowing you have already given your offering.
Automated Bank Bill Pay
Automated bank bill pay is the easiest and most effective way to automate your giving. Once it is set up, you can update or change your giving at any time simply by changing the amount on your bank’s website. If you are not currently using bill pay, contact your bank or see your bank’s website to set up bill pay.
With bill pay, there are no processing fees, so 100% of your gift goes to the ministries of The Fellowship.
Appreciated marketable securities are a great way to maximize your giving because you receive an immediate income tax deduction for the full fair market value of your securities. And, you pay no capital gains tax on the difference between your cost and the fair market value.
Contact Holly Rosenquist for more information on giving stocks/bonds/securities to The Fellowship.
Tithes and Offerings
Financial giving at The Fellowship can generally be divided into two categories: tithes and offerings. The Bible teaches us that we worship the Lord with our tithe, which is 10% of our income contributed to the church on a regular basis. When we feel called to give over and above our tithe, we do so as an offering.
Use your smart phone and text your donation.
Decide where you want to target your donation (see below). Send a text to 28950, and type the keyword corresponding to your given fund, a space and the amount you wish to give. You will receive a text response for your name, address and account information for one-time registration. An email confirmation will be sent to confirm your donation. Next time, you simply send a text with the amount – and it’s complete.
• TFTO = Tithes and Offerings
• TFDR = Debt Reduction
• TFGM = Glocal Missions
• TFAC = Advent Conspiracy
Contact Holly Rosenquist for assistance with Text2Give.
The ministry of The Fellowship is funded by God's provision through the tithes and offerings of faithful Fellowship members and attendees. At The Fellowship, we honor God's provision by exercising wise and faithful stewardship, ethical business practices and full accountability so that the financial integrity of The Fellowship remains beyond reproach.
Our mission is facilitated through our system of internal controls over financial reporting and our internal budgeting and reporting processes. Members of The Fellowship may request a copy of our most recent financial statements or ask general questions about our financial practices at any time by contacting Dave Trout by email or at the church office, 281-395-3950.
A Note about Credit Cards
While we allow the use of credit cards for tithes and offerings, we still strongly encourage the use of electronic funds transfer rather than credit card for two primary reasons:
• Although many pay off their credit cards each month, many also do not. As a church, we are here to nourish your whole life, and you going into debt to donate to the church is self-defeating. We want you to support our mission because you believe in it and because you can – we would never encourage you to go into debt and pay interest to donate to The Fellowship.
• When using a credit card, 3% or more of your gift can go to the credit card company.
Online Giving Privacy Policies
Your information is held securely by the Fellowship One system. This information will remain private and will never be given away to third parties. If you have concerns related to privacy, please contact Dave Trout.